Monday, July 2, 2012

June favourites

END OF THE MONTH = FAVOURITESSSS!!
Here's the stuff I've been loving in the month of June :)

Many of the products mentioned are summer appropriate because the weather has been getting hot. And as you'll be able to tell, I've really been digging the whole glowy make up theme for the summer time :)


STARTING OFF WITH THE EYES! For my eyes, I haven't been wearing eye shadow as much unless I have somewhere special to go but the few days that I do feel like dressing up a little bit, these are the products I've been reaching out for. I love shimmery champagnes and peaches as a lid colour cause I have small eyes so using colours like these really make my eyes look bigger and brighter. I have three drugstore faves and two high ends. 

Two Faced Eyeshadow in Glamazon = pure love<3




This product is a bargain for the price. I bought this Insurance policy palette for $19 on hautelook.com (which in department stores, is the cost of just the shadow insurance primer) so this was a steal because not only do you get a full sized primer, but also 6 beautiful and decent size eye shadows. Some people even bought this for as low as $14 and some change at Nordstrom racks, so yeah. Not very pricey at all. All shadows are soft, velvety and blend beautifully. It includes 3 neutrals and 3 fun, bright colours. But the colour that I've been loving (and wearing) the most is Glamazon. Its an icy champagne colour with silver glitter. It tends to have a littttttttle bit of fall out, which is why its important to use the right eye shadow brush that will prevent it from ruining your face make up. I also suggest you patting it on instead of swiping it, which often takes away the pigmentation.

This is the palette it comes in
I usually do my eye make up first and then my face, so that way I don't have to worry about wasting products and cleaning up and what not :)


Two faced shadow in Silk Teddy




Another product by Two faced. I never thought their eye shadows would become a favourite so quickly. This is actually a duo but I get more use out of Silk teddy than the crease colour. Gorgeous colours, nevertheless. Packaging is also cute and compact. The lid/highlight colour is a frosty light peach and the crease is a cool brown with gold and green shimmer. Though the shimmer from the crease colour isn't as vivid when applied which is good cause I'm not really a fan of shimmery crease colours ._. 


I honestly can't say if I like this better or Glamazon or one of the other products I'll be mentioning soon, but I do think they vary slightly in texture and minute details. But overall, they're fabulous and I use them interchangeably.




L'oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Pink Sapphire




Definitely one of the best quality eye shadows I have come across at a drugstore. I've done reviews on these here: REVIEW: L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadows so I won't go into too many details. I'm not usually a pink eye shadow girl cause I feel like many pinks just make your eyes look tired, but when I saw this at the store, I could feel it calling my name ._. Its a beautiful colour and I get compliments every time I wear it. This one does look more fancy shmancy than the other two mentioned earlier but depending on how you wear it and what colours you pair it up with, it can transform from wearable to dramatic. 




Wet n Wild Mega Eyes in 190 - Wild Orchid
I've had this for I dunno how many years now, i think it was one of the first make up items ever purchased in our household (probably like 6 years ago) so I'm not sure if they still make it. And as you can tell from the picture, its in a really sad condition. My friend dropped her red nail polish over it which is why it looks so worn out  but the product works just as well. Its a super sheer shimmery lilac cream shadow. I don't use it as an eye shadow though, but as an eye shadow base. My shadows don't crease when I have this on so that's good. Its got a good amount of shimmer: it offers the sparkle that I like without giving the disco ball affect.


Blended half way

Napolean Perdis eye palette in Cairo - one of the pricier make up line at target (like Pixi)



I went to target looking for something and ended up purchasing this cause it was on clearance for $4 (regular price is $20). I remember using the peachy shade on my lids for school once and two of my professors asked me if I did anything different, cause I looked 'radiant' that day =D That very moment, this little palette became a favourite :B 


The center shade (my fave) is a peachy colour. The one on the right is just your regular white highlight colour. And on the left, the shade is somewhat of a baked copper bronzy one. As you can tell from the swatches, none of them are shimmery or glittery, but they do have a nice sheen to them.




L'oreal eye make up remover



I've been using this eye make up remover since high school and I still don't feel the need to replace it with anything new. This is my holy grail eye make up remover. It takes away most of my eye make up in a swipe. I usually apply it and then let the oils break down the products and then a few minutes later, use a make up remover wipe to clean off the gunk. If I'm wearing a waterproof mascara, I'll rub my lash line gently to depost the oil in there and then wipe it off afterwards. Plus, I've noticed my lashes have gotten thicker and longer because of the lash-conditioning properties in it. I use this every single day, LITERALLY, and I haven't even gotten through half the bottle. S for the price you pay, your getting a whole lot of product.

********************************************************************
FACE PRODUCTS:

Covergirl Smoothers tinted moisturiser 




The one product I've been using 99% of the days, either alone or on top of a regular moisturiser, is this Aqua Cover Girl Smoothers Tinted moisturiser. I usually get this in the shade Light-Medium but I accidentally picked out Fair-Light and it was way past the return date so I just use it anyway and it doesn't look noticeable. The coverage is really sheer so I wouldn't recommend this for those who like medium coverage.


Without powdering 
On hot days, I don't really like to wear foundation unless I'm going for something special like someone's graduation or a friends party so I usually plop some of this on and conceal my under eye circles and any blemishes, and then powder my skin to reduce shine. The price is decent and it gives the face a really nice glow. I do think it does a good job evening out the skin. Oh and it smells delightful :) I have repurchased this and will continue to do so once I run out.

La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra light sunscreen fluid 




This stuff is great. Aside from providing you with sun protection, it is also quite moisturising (so it'll suit those with dry skin). Unlike many other sunscreens, after it absorbs into the skin, it stays kinda matte for a few hours before my face starts to look shiny.Unfortunately SPF on an already oily combo skin does make it look greasy, there's no running away from it but I have products that take care of it so I'm good. Plus, the results from this are so much more better than from the Aveeno one that I've used for so long. It hasn't caused any skin reactions or breakouts, and it absorbs really well. I'm not a big fan of the sunscreeny smell, but um, they all smell like that u__u just make sure you shake it and hear the clack clack before you apply it otherwise it'll come out watery and weird.


No. 7 Shine Free Primer


This is my secret to a shine free faceeeeeee! I started off not liking it because it used to make my foundation look patchy and flaky as if I have shedding skin when I really don't. But that's cause I didn't apply it the right way. This stuff has a clay-like gritty texture so its not something u can easily smear on your face like a moisturiser and it'll blend in. Maybe for some, it'll work. But I find that patting it on, instead of rubbing it in, gives me the results I need. It keeps my face shine free for hours before I have to blot and no longer makes my foundation crusty. 




After application, it does make your face feel odd, not silky or soft, so that's the only weird part about it but after doing the rest of your face routine, it goes back to feeling normal. Overall, I love this product. I'm almost out of my first tube so it has definitely lasted a LONG time cause you really don't need too much to see a difference. 

Soap and Glory Clear Here T-zone oil control moisturiser 
I saw this mentioned in a random magazine I was reading and became instantly curious so I went to sephora and asked for a sample of it and so far, I'm really liking it. It's a very light gel-like moisturiser and my skin feels baby smooth after applying it. It blends in quickly, makes my foundation apply smoother and has helped control my shine. I use this in conjunction with the No.7 primer mentioned above. Even my friends have noticed the difference. So far I'm impressed with it. There's a high chance of me purchasing the full sized product after I run out of this sample. 




Revlon Photoready Foundation in  Natural Beige


Picture taken from the makeupgeek site for swatches
This product is a hit or miss. Some people like it, Some people HATE it. Out of the several foundations that I have in my collection, this is probably the one I reach out for the most. Its one of my top drugstore foundation favourites. It offers medium coverage, I would say. But in no way does it look cakey or masky. The packaging is awesome, it comes with a pump unlike the Revlon colorstay, which is nice because your not wasting too much product and only dispensing the amount that you need. It offers a nice dewy finish, which I personally really like. There is also SPF in it which is odd because you would think that a foundation for photographing wouldn't have that, but I've used it myself and tried it on other people as well and taken photos, and none of them give a white cast. I currently use this in Natural Beige but I have gotten a lot tanner so I'm gonna have to purchase it in either a Medium or Golden Beige. 

There's two things I feel like I need to mention though because I'm pretty sure of all the reviews that I've read on this, a bunch of them almost always state these two as the main reasons why they don't like the foundation.

1: The shimmer in it. Some people say it has a ton of shimmer, now it does have some shimmer but not an overwhelming amount. Just enough to give you that radiant complexion that I'm sure many people like. In the sunlight, I do notice some shimmery particles when I swatched it on my hand, but its not like you bathed in glitter or anything u__u If this helps in any way, I've actually had a good amount of people tell me I looked nice in the sunlight when I wore this foundation ๏̯͡๏   
It actually looks good in any lighting. 

2. It emphasizes dry patches. It has a tendency to, yes but honestly its not something a good moisturiser can't fix.


Oh and did I mention that it photographs BEAUTIFULLY? :) Id post up a picture of myself wearing it to show you but honestly if I do post the face I made when the picture was taken, the very few people who read my blog might just unsubscribe סּﬞ_סּ 
************************************************
Revlon Just Bitten kissable lipstain balm in Honey
Review + swatches are here: Revlon Lip stains


Bath + Body works body lotion in Forever Sunshine




This body lotion SCREAMS summer to me. The packaging is super extra cute, I love the colours and the title and oh my gosh, it smells so amazing ._. It reminds me of happy things <3 Putting it on almost instantly makes me feel energised and amazing and ready to take on the day! I can't exactly describe what it smells like but I definitely smell some apricots and lemon cake. Its juicy, fruity with a hint of floral. Smells delicious. It does a good keeping my skin moisturised also. I put some on yesterday and this morning I felt my arms and it was baby smooth. LOVEEE ITT

Edman Handbag from Aldo




I love it so muchh. I've been carrying it around ever since I got it. Its a two toned satchel. You can either hold it using the top handle or attach a cross body strap it comes with. A fancy, decorative scarf comes with the bag to give it a sophisticated look. No doubt I'm getting a lot of use out of this (:

back
bottom
ALDO logo on the back

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers