Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Olay ProX Cleansing System - Its a treat for your skin!

This cheap little miracle from Olay is about to turn your world upside down! Now you won't have to spend money getting a facial done or on expensive treatments because for $30, you can have your very own facial treatment in the comfort of your own hot shower. 




The Olay Cleansing kit comes with the brush tool that has a rotating head, two speed settings, a pair of duracell batteries as well as a mini exfoliating cleanser. Its portable, fairly light-weight and also water resistant so you could use it in the shower without worrying about it dying out.



Took me forever to get the bottom compartment to open for the batteries but the brush is super soft and not scratchy so it will also suit those who have sensitive skin. The way the brush rotates is very gentle also which makes it perfect for everyday use. I know some people prefer a super duper abrasive tool for exfoliation, and if your skin handles that better, that's fine. But for others like myself who prefer a gentle but deep cleansing treatment, this is a great option without having to break the bank. 




I have large pores, combination skin (more towards the oily side) and acne prone skin. I've been using this thing for two months now: once a day, everyday, and always at night because that's when your skin repairs itself. There are some days where I use it in the day time but for the most part, I save my facials for night time and I already see such a huge difference in my skin. Why on Earth was I walking around with all that dead gunky skin for so long?? Prior to using it, I had clear skin but it was very dull and lifeless and my pores were nasty. Now, after using it every single day my skin looks more radiant, bright and even. The clogs on my cheeks are noticeably smaller and cleaner. And it feels sooooooooooooo super soft, its hard to stopping touching your face after that =X My makeup also goes on incredibly smooth ever since I started using it, and my skin even looks visibly smoother to me.




I first tested out this product by washing my face (with my foundation still on) with just Cetaphil (using my hands) and then after that I used the Olay ProX cleansing brush and the exfoliating cleanser that came with it. After years of washing away my makeup with a cleanser, I was blown away to see the amount of makeup that piled up on the bristles of the brush. While using it, it doesn't feel like its doing much cause its so gentle, but take my word for it, it works! After cleansing my face, I went on and applied my Estee Lauder advanced night repair serum (had a sample of it) and the serum just MELTED into my skin. Even my moisturiser after that just sank right in, leaving behind no oily residue as it would otherwise. And I woke up the next day to delicious glowy skin.


The true test came when I had to apply my toner with a cotton ball after cleansing: there was absolutely NO smears of grime or traces of make up on it like there usually is.This gadget has become a staple in my skincare routine.




The cleanser that comes with it is quite nice too. The micro beads are small enough to polish the skin lightly without irritating it. Of course you don't have to use that cleanser every single time you use the ProX tool. I use it probably twice a week. The other days I just use the brush with my regular cleansers: Neutrogena Acne stress control power clear scrub/my prescription face wash or my Aveeno brightening cleanser (depending on what I feel my skin needs at the time)

To get the full benefit, I would suggest cleansing your face for ONE MINUTE. After using it routinely, the process may seem a bit time consuming, but the results are so worth it. Oh and be careful when using the tool around your nose because the cleanser has a tendency to fly up in your eyes, so yeah, keep your eyes closed when using it there. Also, you don't need to apply too much pressure on your skin when you cleanse, just let the tool do the work.

All in all, great product. Worth the hype. The only negative I see is the stupid battery compartment D: i was literally fighting a war with it for a good 20 minutes cause I couldn't get it to open D: but then that's probably to keep out the water from ruining the batteries, I dunno =O Some people may not be happy due to the fact that it is battery powered, but I'm personally not bothered by it. I just wish there was a cover for the brush for when it isn't being used but eh, whatever.


I honestly cant say if its as good as its higher-end counterpart (the clarisonic) because i've never tried the clarisonic before and don't see myself purchasing it until maybe I get a job (which could take 5-6 years, who knows O_O) but in my opinion, it is a good and cheaper alternative.Try it out, if you don't like it and think you'd prefer something more abrasive like the clarisonic, return that and get the clarisonic mia instead! I'm honestly tempted to try it out also and see how it compares, but still...$200 bucks? ._. Its either this or a Michael Kors watch I've been dying to get my hands on D:< 
decisions, decisions 


If my opinions about this tool changes with the next 6 months or so, I'll inform you


1 comment:

  1. レイバンを買ったって、あいつ最近調子に乗りまくって、気に入らない!俺だって、レイバン ウェイファーラー持ってるし、3本も持ってるよ!あの大人気なレイバン RB2140だって持ってるよ、負けられない!

    ReplyDelete

Followers