Thursday, July 5, 2012

Dramatic look featuring Urban Decay Products




Products you'll need to re-create this look:
- matte black eye shadow
- matte brown eye shadow (one close to your skin tone, and one 2-3 shades darker) - The brown shadows will help fade the harsh black that we'll be applying into the crease. 
- your favourite gold eye shadow
- white/champagne shadow for highlight
- a super dark black liner
- mascara (TONS)

1. As always, be sure to prime your lids with an eye primer to prevent your shadows from fading or creasing. Here I used Urban Decay Primer Potion (original).


2. Next, I took 'Naked' from the Urban Decay 'NAKED' palette and gently blended it into my crease using a fluffy eye shadow brush, fading it up to the brow bone.


3. I then took a darker matte brown eye shadow 'BUCK' from the NAKED palette as well and using windshield wiper motions, I deposited the colour into my crease.




4. Pack some matte black eye shadow (Serious from the Nude'tude palette) onto your brush  and apply it onto the inner third of your lid and the outer V of your lid. Then using a clean blending brush, soften the edges of the black shadow.




5. Using the same eye shadow brush in Step 4, take a little more of the matte black and use it to deepen the colour in the inner corner and the outer V. This will create almost a cut-crease look and since we have our black shadow already blended out, it won't look overpowering.


6. Here comes the fun part: the pop of gold. I first took a small eye shadow brush and picked up some concealer (I used, Cover Girl stick concealer in Fair) and patted it into the center of the lid to prep it for the gold shadow I'll be applying. Its important to use either a white base or in this case, a skin toned base to help the gold pop amongst all the black and brown shadows we've applied.

7. Taking this Urban Decay 'Baked' shadow from the Urban Decay Book of Shadows (4th edition), I applied it with a flat eye shadow brush onto the center of my lids and blended it with the black. You can apply gold glitter over it if you want, but I didn't have any so I left it as it is.




8. For the brow bone highlight, I used 'Skimp' from the Book of Shadows palette.



9. Finally, line your eyes with your favourite liquid/gel liner and apply two to three coats of mascara and your good to go! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your eye make-up! I always love the arabian look :) x

    http://kreamiblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers